Site News - Category Archive
It appears my RSS feed has been broken since March. This was due to a missing file on the site which has now been replaced, all should work correctly now. Apologies for the break in service
I’ve decided to retire the “Sources” page I put in place when I moved my blogroll off the front page. Although the page was dynamically updated by my then feed-reader (Bloglines), my account on there has lain dormant for some time, so the page has long-since ceased to be a current indication of the sources [...]
I’ve merged the two wikis into a new, single wiki, and changed technology to WikkaWiki. .htaccess changes should take care of any old links – please let me know of any broken ones by commenting on this post.
This mini-project came about because I had a need to give people route instructions for a party. It’s easy to use Google Maps to set up a customised route by adding placemarks at navigationally-significant locations (see this example), and you can easily add instructions (including pictures) at each point (try clicking on one of the [...]
Two updates to the site as alternative ways of navigating the information: I’ve been using Ultimate Tag Warrior for some time to tag posts, I’ve now added a tag cloud view I’ve added a view of my del.icio.us bookmarks, using this idea from Brian Lamb and Enej Bajgoric.
Upgraded the site to WordPress 1.5 without too many headaches. Please let me know of any bugs.
Please excuse the mess while I transition to my new site layout… Still to do: Work out what to do about displaying archives list Re-work “print” stylesheet Styling tweaks that I still think are needed Restore search capability Sort out menu bug on category index pages
I've installed the Three Strikes
plugin from Mark Ghosh
. Any problems commenting (i.e. keep getting redirected to a strange site) then please let me know by email to blog at this domain.
Credit for pointing to the plugin goes to Charles Arthur
I've updated all the feeds for this site to use Feedburner
Please point your reader at the new links.
Thanks to Johnnie Moore
for pointing out that my style sheet was broken on IE6
IE6 doesn't seem to recognise the
tag, so I've added an
to the right-hand menu bar that stops it pplurging all over the page in IE6 if one of the text items is too long.
See [bliki]TikiWikiHasGone[/bliki] for details.
I’ve added a “second wiki”:http://www.synesthesia.co.uk/blog/wiki/ for no particularly good reason other than I saw how the anonymous author of Weblog Tools Collection had “integrated”:http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2004/07/05/wordpress-12-wiki-integration/ [bliki]ErfurtWiki[/bliki] into WordPress and decided I wanted one too! This one is just for me – a different sort of publishing space without the time-bound nature of the blog but closely [...]
Added a wiki page to capture ideas that aren’t yet ready to be articles [wiki]UnwrittenEntries[/wiki]
Added sidebar lists of Wiki Changes and deli.icio.us links using “CG-Feedread”:http://www.chait.net/index.php?p=85 Minor tweak to suppress feed titles see [wiki]BlogFeedReader[/wiki]
Something in tikiwiki broke the main database table. I’d restore it from backup but… (you know what comes next). Chance for some “major refactoring” !
Added sidebar link for my “blogroll”:http://www.synesthesia.co.uk/blog/sources.php and “my del.icio.us linklist”:http://del.icio.us/synesthesia
Editing Wordpress template to show inline linkblog
What I'm trying to achieve is an inline-linkblog type effect, with the posts to the quicklink category being displayed all together after all of that days main posts (if any).
At present (as you can see) they are displaying at the bottom of the page. What I want to do is find how to trap the date header code in each loop...
In the process of moving to Wordpress. Some feature not working yet.
Upgraded the ['Wiki':/tiki/] to ['TikiWiki 1.8':http://tikiwiki.org]
Few hairy moments when I thought I'd lost all the pages, but a little hackery of the SQL dump I'd made before hand meant I was able to restore the data. If you see something that looks broken please let me know
moved over to the TikiWiki
package. Please update any links you may have to the old Wiki
wiki problems - updated with more info 07/07/03
Set up a new section on my Wiki for the discussion and development of thoughts around the overlap betwen Chris Argyris's work and Theory of Constraints.
Using a drawing tool plugin for the wiki software to aid visual thinking and noting...
If you can see this entry then you are looking at the new site for my blog – hopefully the DNS entries will propagate fairly quickly… I’m still with the same hosting company – they are good value and are always very responsive to support calls. I’ve moved hosts from one of their older Unix [...]
Testing MT-Textile, also added feed of Wiki updates
Problems upgrading Twiki
I’m playing with Les Orchard’s MT Twiki interfaces. Putting related blog entries on the bottom of Wiki pages went OK after a bit of head scratching The Wiki formatting plugins XmlRpcToWiki and MTXmlRpcFilterPlugin seems a bit broken on my installation though… From the error messages I’m getting it’s something to do with the Perl installation… [...]
New look site, new engine under the lid
I’ve added an XFML feed to the syndication outputs of the site. You can see a FacetMap view of this site here MT template from Ease Original pointer to XFML from Ben Hammersley
Added Phil Ringnalda’s PHP blogroll to the site.
Update on site features and fixes
OK, I’ve imported all my old stuff and made sure the basics work. Still to do: Category archive template tweaks new stylesheet finish checking old entries sort out trackbacks.