Dave Pollard offers Seven Survival Tips for Knowledge Managers
- Focus knowledge and learning systems on ‘know-who’, not ‘know-how’
- Introduce new social network enablement software and weblogs to capture the ‘know-who’.
- Keep only selected, highly-filtered knowledge in your central repositories.
- Don’t overlook the value of plain-old ‘data’.
- The bibliography may be more valuable than the document itself.
- Don’t wait for people to look for it, send it out, using ‘killer’ channels.
- Create an internal market for your offerings by giving valuable stuff away.