A huge drop in tracked focused work to compared to the previous work, in the context of fewer hours “at the coalface” - “only” 45 this week. Focus to non-focus ratio of 67% which is also a drop.
- a lot of meetings related to co-ordination (as opposed to decision-making or co-construction)
- time spent generating co-ordination material for those meetings
- lower energy levels due to a niggling health issue
Possible improvement ideas:
- push more co-ordination meetings to async formats
- keep a better log of “working time” in order to track changes in the focus/non-focus ratio
- keep a log of factors relating to energy level, ability to concentrate etc
Another thought is around classification of time - conversations which are about building and sustaining professional relationships should probably be classified as focused work. But don’t want to get into circular argument about “what is waste”.
- delivered proof of concept of our “delayed response” architecture - next steps are to work with sales and marketing colleagues to pin down where we want to first put into use